Beware of scams implying association with OFID!
There are various fraudulent schemes whose authors purport to be OFID personnel or agents, or otherwise associated with OFID.
Please be aware that OFID does not:
- conduct lotteries or offer prizes;
- extend any type of loans or grants directly to individuals;
- charge any fees for: job, grant or scholarship applications;
attending seminars and conferences; or before a legal agreement is concluded between OFID and a beneficiary of its financial assistance;
- have offices outside of its headquarters in Vienna, Austria;
- request for personal, business or confidential information as a precondition for any financial assistance it provides.
Read OFID’s anti-fraud disclaimer in full.
General Information about OFID's Scholarship
Please be advised that the scholarship portal is closed. The next call for applications for the 2017/2018 OFID scholarship will take place in January 2017. Those interested in applying should refer to OFID's website at that time.
OFID awards its scholarships to qualified applicants who have obtained or are on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree and who wish to study for a Master’s degree.
Applicants must be from a developing country (except OFID Member Countries), and he/she must first obtain admission to pursue a Master’s degree studies in a relevant field of development, from any recognized university/college in the world.
Through its scholarship scheme, OFID aims to help highly motivated, highly driven individuals overcome one of the biggest challenges to their careers – the cost of graduate studies.
- Must be between the ages of 23-32 at the time of submitting his/her application.
- Must have obtained or be on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree with a Baccalaureate from an accredited college/university, or its equivalent.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 rating system, or its equivalent.
- Must be matriculated at an accredited university for the upcoming academic year starting August/September 2016, and must maintain full-time status for the duration of the Master's Degree.
- Must be a national of a developing country (except OFID Member Countries)
- Must select a subject of study that pertains to OFID’s core mission, such as: economics of development (poverty reduction, energy and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields.
2016/2017 OFID Scholars
OFID is pleased to announce the winners of the 2016/2017 OFID Scholarship: